Erin K. Brignola
“Declaring bankruptcy can be a solution to help people regain their financial health and get back on track.”
Located in our Bear, Delaware office, Erin K. Brignola serves as “Of Counsel” in the firm’s Bankruptcy Practice Group. Although her work focuses on consumer bankruptcy, Erin brings a practical knowledge of the interrelationship between bankruptcy law and other legal areas such as family law, real estate law, and the drafting of wills.
A member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Erin has over 25 years of legal experience. She has lectured for the National Business Institute, the Delaware State Bar Association, the Delaware Volunteer Legal Service, the People’s Law School, the American Bar Association and the National School for Paralegal Studies.
- Named one of Delaware’s Top Lawyers 2006, 2010, 2012 and 2014, Delaware Today Magazine
- Named one of Delaware's Top 100 Lawyers (Oct. 2001), Delaware Today Magazine
- Named one of Delaware's 75 Power Attorneys (Nov. 2004), Delaware Today Magazine
- Serving on the Board, as the Vice-Chair Consumer Representative of the Delaware State Bar Association's Bankruptcy section from its inception in 2006 to present
- Serving on the Board of the Delaware Consumer Bankruptcy Pro Se Foundation and InitiativeInitiative
Erin is a graduate of Mount St. Mary's College with a degree in Accounting (B.S., 1985). Erin graduated from Widener - Delaware Law School (J.D., 1988). Erin was admitted to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania in June 1989 and the Supreme Court of Delaware in December 1989. She is also admitted, since 1989, in The United States District Court for Pennsylvania, practicing in both the Eastern District and the Middle District, as well as the United States District Court of the State of Delaware from January 1990. Erin serves the American Bankruptcy Inn of Court as a Master and a Mentor, and on the United States Bankruptcy Chief Judge’s Pro Se Bankruptcy Initiative Panel as a Board member.
Erin is an active member of the Delaware and Pennsylvania Bar Associations and is on the Board in the Bankruptcy Group as Vice-Chair, the Family Law section, Real and Personal Property section, Wills and Estates, and Women and the Law. Erin is an active participant in NACBA (National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys). She serves on the Panel for the Delaware State Bar Associations lawyer referral and private attorney involvement programs. Erin is also a member of the Widener Women’s Network (DE chapter), and serves on the Delaware Volunteer Legal Services team. (DE chapter). Over the past 25 years, Erin has devoted countless hours as a volunteer for Protection From Abuse case work in Family Court.
As a practical service to her clients, she is a title officer and handles real estate closings; Erin also provides documents for elder law protection including wills, simple trusts, power of attorney documents and advanced health care directives.
"We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Wills and Estates
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Delaware, 1989
- Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1990
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 1988
- Mount St. Mary's College, Emmitsburg, Maryland
- B.S. - 1985
Honors and Awards
- Delaware Today's Top Lawyers , 2010 - Present
- Delaware's Top 100 Lawyers, 2001 - Present
- Delaware's 75 Power Attorneys, 2004 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney, Member
- Delta Mu Delta