Fundamentally, Cooper Levenson is a very pro-business firm. One of the most satisfying aspects of our practice is the degree to which our clients rely on us to be their advisers and advocates. In a world replete with changing tax laws, shifting economic realities, regulatory excesses and legal land mines, we are trusted counselors.
Along with our team of tax and business law attorneys, Practice Group Chairman Robert E. Salad, Esq., LL.M. handles a full range of issues for clients across a broad spectrum of business sizes and types. Rob has more than 35 years of experience in tax law and related matters. He is a frequent lecturer to both state and local bar associations, as well as local CPA societies.
Highly Skilled Counsel Regarding Nuanced Tax Issues
Our tax, business and estate law team represents clients with great effectiveness, drawing upon considerable strengths in several key areas:
- Tax litigation: We bring an extensive understanding of the labyrinthine and ever-changing tax codes, years of successful courtroom experience at both the trial and appellate levels, and a reputation among revenue officials as attorneys with integrity and sound judgment. These realities enhance our ability either to forestall litigation through mediation or prevail in the courtroom.
- Estate and corporate tax planning and administration for individuals and businesses: Our attorneys advise clients on the tax consequences of compensation packages and shareholders agreements, and advise impending retirees on estate, inheritance and gift tax issues.
- Integration with other legal issues: Because there are tax ramifications to issues as disparate as divorce actions (nearly 50 percent of criminal tax fraud cases are triggered by matrimonial suits), property tax revaluations and real estate transactions, our lawyers frequently work with department chairs across many specialties. These cooperative, interactive in-house resources provide our clients with versatile, effective, seamless legal protection.
Practice Area Attorneys
- Browndorf, Eric A. - Partner
- Evoy, David W. - Of Counsel
- Korth, Arthur - Associate
- Mahon, Joseph C. - Partner
- Ojserkis, Jill T. - Partner
- Panholzer, Craig - Associate
- Salad, Michael L. - Partner
- Salad, Robert E. - President
- Schwartz, Mark G. - Partner
- Southern, Joseph V. - Of Counsel
- Stiles, Jarad K. - Partner