Don’t miss Cooper Levenson Education Practice attorneys William S. Donio and Amy Houck Elco as they address key issues facing schools at the 2013 New Jersey School Boards Association Workshop and the NJSBA Fall School Law Forum at the Atlantic City Convention Center.
Mark Your Calendar!
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Location: Cooper Levenson Learning Lab, one of nine Learning Lab areas set up on the exhibit floor for educational sessions
- The Buzz on B.Y.O.D. (Bring Your Own Device), 10 a.m. – Amy Houck Elco and Dr. Kimberly Gruccio, AssistantSuperintendent of Egg Harbor Twp. School District will cover legal implications, practical concerns, appropriate and inappropriate use, and best practices of students bringing their own technology devices to school.
- ” Lawsuits?,” 3 p.m. –William Donio and Joseph J. Giralo, Board President, Hammonton Board of Education, will explore just how far the constitutional rights extend for students to wear clothing or other items that might be considered vulgar, lewd or harassing by focusing on a recent high profile decision by the Third Circuit Court of Appeals commonly referred to as the ” Boobies” case.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
- Mock School Board Meeting, 2 p.m. – Wil Donio and Amy Houck Elco will participate in a mock school board meeting, where school attorneys play the roles of board members. A leading expert on school law will serve as moderator, identifying “do’s and don’ts” and legal issues.
- Mock Board Learning Labs, 2:30 p.m. – Follow-up in the Cooper Levenson Learning Lab for those who want to learn more on the “I (heart) Lawsuits” and “B.Y.O.D. (Bring Your Own Device)” topics.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
- 504 Accommodations for Students with Health Needs, sessions at 11:10 a.m. and 11:55 a.m.– Amy Houck Elco will discuss the 504 plan, which helps children with special health needs to fully participate in school.