For Immediate Release
Atlantic City, N.J. – November 18, 2016 -Fredric L. Shenkman, Esq. will present “Common Mistakes by Civil Practitioners That Lead to Disciplinary Charges (and How to Avoid Them)” at the Middlesex County Bar Association, 87 Bayard Street, New Brunswick, N.J. on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 from 5-7 p.m.
Shenkman, a partner at Cooper Levenson, will be joined by Gary L. Pinckney, Esq. of Couch Braunsdorf Insurance Group. The presenters will cover the following issues:
- The economy: the clients and areas of law most prone to generate ethical complaints
- The five personalities prone to ethical violations
- The root causes for ethical violations
- The steps necessary to take when ethical violations are imminent
- The steps necessary to take after the commission of ethical violations
- Dealing with the Office of Attorney Ethics/District Ethics Committee
- Ethical violations as malpractice
They will share insights, best practices and strategies to help legal teams stay in ethical compliance during civil cases.
Shenkman has decades of experience in both transactional work and commercial litigation. He has lectured extensively on general equity and attorney ethics to various bar associations and Inns of Court. He served as chairperson and as secretary of District 1 of the New Jersey District Ethics Committee.
Cost for the seminar is $20 for Superior Court law clerks, $30 for Young Lawyer members, $40 for MCBA members and $75 for all others. Participants receive 2.0 hours of Continuing Legal Education Credits towards ethics/professionalism. For more information or to sign up, visit www.mcbalaw.com.
Cooper Levenson is a full service law firm since 1957, with 75 attorneys and New Jersey offices in Atlantic City and Cherry Hill. The firm has regional offices in Bear, Del., and Las Vegas, Nev. For more information, visit www.cooperlevenson.com.