Cooper Levenson’s Lloyd D. Levenson and Lynne Levin Kaufman shared New Jersey’s experience in iGaming at the Global iGaming Summit (GiGse) in San Francisco, Calif., at the Hyatt Regency, April 26-27, 2016. The firm also serves as Legal and Regulatory Advisor at the conference.
Lloyd D. Levenson, CEO of Cooper Levenson, gave the Chairman’s opening remarks on Wednesday, April 27, at 9 a.m. He also moderated “Is skill gaming the answer to making casino content more attractive?” that same day from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. The panel discussed:
- What is the reality of the future casino floor?
- What is the data to support to convergence between skill-based gaming and casino?
- Is there a potential for skill based recognition to switch to gambling?
- How to incentivise non-traditional gamblers to play skill-based games in the casino?
- How will impending regulation affect the use of on-site skill based gaming?
Panelists included: Rich Roberts, President, Sportech Digital Eric Weiss, Bureau Administrator/Lab Director, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement Thomas Winter, Vice President Online Gaming, Landry’s Inc Marcus Yoder, Vice President, Regulated Markets Business Development, Gamblit.
Lynne Levin Kaufman, partner at Cooper Levenson, also moderated a panel on Wednesday, April 27, from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. This shared session with the Millennial Summit was entitled “Monetizing fantasy sports in a casino setting.” Topics covered included:
• Does it make financial sense for operators to partner with daily fantasy sports operators?
• What is the optimal model for casinos to make money?
• How would operators and casinos work in harmony rather than against each other?
• How can casinos protect data whilst exploiting fantasy sports?
• How do you solve the skill gap with fantasy sports?
• Can operators bring the social element of DFS to the casino floor?
• Evolving competitive landscape, i.e. what are the opportunities for other DFS providers beyond Fanduel and Draft kings
• Envisioning a regulated DFS company – what could it look like? operational lessons for new DFS entrants
Panelists included: Seth Young, Chief Operating Officer, Star Fantasy Leagues Joe Pappano, SVP & Managing Director, Vantiv Aviram Alroy, VP Interactive Games, Mohegan Sun Todd Heyden, CRO & Co-Founder, SportsLock.
For a full agenda, and more details about GiGse, visit http://www.gigse.com.
Cooper Levenson is a full service law firm since 1957, with 70 attorneys and New Jersey offices in Atlantic City and Cherry Hill. The firm has regional offices in Bear, Del. and Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.cooperlevenson.com.