If you are considering a divorce, there are options you can take besides going to court, which may help you reach a conclusion faster and with less stress and hassle. Mediation is one type of uncontested divorce that has helped many Atlantic City residents end their marriages amicably. The attorneys at the law firm of Cooper Levenson, P.A., focus on helping clients resolve their disputes with as little conflict as possible. We understand that mediation is a good way to achieve these ends for many divorcing couples.
What are the benefits that mediation can offer you and your soon-to-be ex? According to the American Bar Association, the advantages of mediation may include the following:
- Reducing the conflict by addressing issues in a calm and respectful way
- Learning improved communication skills to help you both in your future interactions with each other
- Calmly resolving matters in a manner you can both agree with
- Completing the divorce process faster and more cost-effectively than a litigated divorce
- Keeping the details of your divorce private instead of having them openly discussed in a courtroom
Mediation may be especially beneficial if you have children. Children are often badly affected by their parents’ divorce if both spouses argue often. By reducing the conflict your children are exposed to, they may adjust better to the divorce and be able to move on sooner. Each couple’s divorce is different from others, so you will need to be knowledgeable about your different options before deciding which type will work best for your situation. To learn more about mediation, visit our page by clicking here.