(Atlantic City) – Fredric L. Shenkman, Esq. of Cooper Levenson will present at “Top 8 LLC Mistakes to Avoid in Everyday Business Practices,” a seminar on Mon. Dec. 17, 2018 at the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, 2 Convention Blvd., Atlantic City, N.J.
The seminar is intended for attorneys, accountants, CPAs, commercial bankers/loan officers, and paralegals. The presenters will share how to spot potential pitfalls, and also how to design an LLC to better meet specific needs. Topics to be covered include:
- Determining when and how to use the LLC, as opposed to the S Corp;
- Uncovering all the uses (and liabilities) of using LLCs in connection with tax planning;
- Better understanding how to overcome issues when dividing and issuing ownership interests and transferring assets;
- Reviewing real-world operating agreement provisions gone wrong, including distribution, allocation, capital call and voting;
- Identifying the charging order landmines that must be avoided; and
- Tackling tax mistakes made during LLC formation, change of tax status, conversion and reorganization.
The seminar runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. Shenkman will present on the “Top Single Member LLC Mistakes to Avoid,” from 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., and on “LLC Ethical Traps,” from 3:40 p.m. to 4:40 p.m.
A partner in Cooper Levenson’s Atlantic City office, Shenkman has decades of experience in both transactional work and commercial litigation. His transactional work includes the drafting of asset sales; cross-purchase and redemption agreements; asset based financing agreements; post-employment restrictive covenants; business separation agreements; PILOT Agreements (payment in lieu of taxes agreements) and work-outs. He has lectured extensively on general equity and attorney ethics to various bar associations and Inns of Court. He also served as chairperson and as secretary of District 1 of the New Jersey District Ethics Committee.
The seminar is coordinated by the National Business Institute. Participants receive Continuing Legal Education Credit Hours: CLE 8.00 – NJ, CLE 8.00 – NY, and CLE 6.50 – PA. Accountants receive 8.00 CPE Hours of specialty credits from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy. The cost is $359. For more information or to register, visit https://www.nbi-sems.com/ProductDetails/Top-8-LLC-Mistakes-to-Avoid-in-Everyday-Business-Practices/Seminar/81093ER?N=0&searchTerm=shenkman.