Sean F. Dalton, Esq., of Cooper Levenson, will provide School Bus Safety presentations to school personnel in selected Atlantic and Burlington County School Districts this week and next.
NJSA 18A: 39-19.1a requires employers to administer a safety education program to school bus drivers and aides 2X a year. This seminar will provide training on the following mandated topics:
- student management and discipline;
- school bus accident and emergency procedures;
- conducting school bus emergency exit drills;
- loading and unloading procedures;
- school bus stop loading zone safety;
- inspecting the school vehicle for students left on board at the end of a route;
- the use of a student’s education records, including the employee’s responsibility to ensure the privacy of the student and the student’s records;
- working with police, suspicious activity training;
- addressing needs of students with disabilities;
- accident reporting.
This program is available to School Districts, Boards of Education, Transportation Companies and School Insurance funds.
Instructor: Sean F. Dalton, Esquire, Former Assistant Attorney General Former Gloucester County Prosecutor (2001-2017)
sdalton@cooperlevenson | Direct Dial: (609) 572-7452 |