Kenneth J. Calemmo
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey (Staff)
As Chief Operating Officer, Kenneth J. Calemmo, Jr. oversees all day-to-day operations of the professional services firm that has grown to include 70 attorneys, offices in five states, and more than 100 staff members. He manages all aspects of the business, from accounting to marketing, human resources, and information systems.
- Community Leader of the Year by the Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce,
- Executive Board Member, Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce, where he serves as the Chair of the Economic Development Committee and served as the organization’s Chairman from 2009 – 2011. The Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce mission is to enhance the economic climate for over 900 member businesses in the South Jersey region. Current Chairman of the Greater Atlantic City Chamber Economic Development Committee.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Atlantic County Economic Alliance, with the strategic goals of stimulating economic growth, driving industry diversification, improving delivery of economic development services, and rethinking destination attractions.
- Partner, Choose New Jersey, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that, in conjunction with the New Jersey Business Action Center and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, encourages and nurtures economic growth throughout New Jersey
- Founding Member and Board Secretary, Chelsea Economic Development Corporation, whose mission is to construct housing and community building projects that will improve the quality of life for residents in and around Atlantic City
- Chairman, “Let Us Eat – Please,” an organization that will serve more than 30,000 meals to Atlantic County students and their families each summer
- First Vice President, Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation Board of Trustees
- Member PNC Bank Southern Jersey Advisory Council of Community and Economic Development
- Member Advisory Board LIGHT, Lloyd D. Levenson Institute for Gaming, Hospitality and Tourism at Stockton University
- Vice Chairman, New Jersey Organization for a Better State (NEWJOBS), a non-partisan organization whose trustees promote a pro-business climate in New Jersey by endorsing and supporting Legislative candidates who actively support economic growth, the creation of private-sector jobs, and the lowering of business costs
Past Honors and Appointments
- Former President, Main Street Atlantic City, the organization tasked with transforming and revitalizing Atlantic City’s neighborhood commercial district
- New Jersey Hall of Fame Foundation Board Member, an organization created to honor New Jersey residents who have made invaluable contributions to the global society
- Member, Atlantic City Special Improvement District, a group dedicated to preserving, protecting, and enhancing the downtown district that is home to the law firm
- Member, Advisory Board, Newfield National Bank, an independent, full service bank serving Gloucester, Cumberland, and Cape May Counties
- Former President and Trustee, St. Joseph Parish, Sea Isle City.
- Former Vice Chairman of the St. Augustine Preparatory School.
- Former Member, Advisory Board, Wildwood Catholic High School
- Former Executive Board member, Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey
- Former Vice Chairman of Membership, Chamber of Commerce of Southern New Jersey
- Former Board Member, Cape May County Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member, Sea Isle Chamber of Commerce
- Finance Chairman, 150th sesquicentennial celebration committee of the City of Atlantic City (2007)
- Former member, Board of Governors of the University of Scranton Alumni Society.
Ken holds a degree in public administration from the University of Scranton. He has been a member of the Association of Legal Administrators since 1986, an organization for which he has served the Philadelphia Chapter as Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President and President.