It is well known and widely acknowledged that Cooper Levenson provides aggressive, effective representation for individuals and business entities facing criminal investigations or charges brought by municipal, state, and federal agencies. Our extraordinary success in defending the rights and interests of our clients is based on the experience, principles, and practices of our attorneys and support staff.
- Prosecutorial experience – As detailed in their individual profiles, the attorneys in this practice established and honed their litigation skills as high-level state and federal prosecutors. Their enhanced understanding of the law and familiarity with the system are invaluable assets in the zealous defense of our clients.
- Creative approach – Our attorneys are skilled in assessing the true exposure of our clients and devising creative legal arguments to deflect prosecution, avoid conviction, or structure an optimal negotiated outcome.
- Top experts in support roles – In the process of conducting crucial independent field investigations, we employ a range of certified experts, including forensic accountants, fraud examiners, and former FBI agents. Their findings and testimony can be pivotal in achieving a dismissal or successful defense.
- Prompt, aggressive response – From the first indication of a criminal investigation or impending charge, our attorneys move immediately to assess individual and/or corporate exposure, and begin negotiations with the appropriate agencies to minimize the disruption to ongoing business operations.
- Full range of federal defense – We represent clients in all matters concerning government investigations and complex white-collar criminal litigation, including actions brought by the FBI, IRS, Secret Service, HHS/OIG, FDA, EPA, DEA, DOL, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Team approach – Given the reality that criminal matters can involve both state and federal agencies, our attorneys take a multi-disciplinary team approach, and are fully capable of defending clients in parallel prosecutions.
- Accessibility – Going through a criminal investigation or prosecution can be an overwhelming experience. We make it a priority to be available to our clients when they need us, informing them of every development in real-time, and doing what’s necessary to guide them through each step of the process.
Our clients depend on us to be their wise counselors and stalwart champions – which is why when that ominous moment arrives, ours is usually the first number they call.