Brian D. Barr
Phone: (856) 857-5514
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Brian Barr is a partner in the firm’s Defense Litigation practice group, working out of the Cherry Hill office. He focuses on matters involving insurance defense litigation, bringing to the table extensive experience in all related issues, such as personal injury defense, insurance coverage, environmental and toxic torts, construction litigation and professional malpractice. He is a sought after speaker nationwide on these issues due to his extensive background in such litigation.
Brian has tried multiple cases involving claims for traumatic brain injuries, construction defect litigation, insurer bad faith and consumer fraud. He has successfully defended claims against construction companies/general contractors for defects and consumer fraud establishing favorable law in the Appellate Division for these claims. He also prepared a joint Appellate Brief and successfully argued issues in chemical exposure cases helping establish important warning/labeling law for hazardous materials and federal preemption.
- Successfully obtained a defense verdict for a commercial builder in a defect and consumer fraud trial.
- Successfully obtained favorable coverage decision and reported Appellate case law in favor of the subcontractor’s insurer.
- Obtained summary judgment, affirmed on appeal, on behalf of a general contractor, successfully dismissing consumer fraud claims.
- Successful resolution in three brain injury trials with defense verdicts in each.
Education / Admission to Bar
A graduate of Gettysburg College (B.A.) and Rutgers Law School (J.D., cum laude), he was admitted to the bar in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, United States District Court for the Districts of New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and United States District Court for the District of Western Pennsylvania.
- Court Upholds “Employee Exclusion” In Worksite Insurance Coverage Bulletin
- Recent Case Summary Reports on Matters Involving Insurance Coverage Insurance Coverage Bulletin
- Verbal Threshold Defeats Lawsuits Once Again Defense Digest
- Wollerman Extended Defense Digest
- New Challenges to Trying a Negligence Case Defense Digest
- PIP Insurer May Recover Payouts Cooper Levenson