Brittany A. Bonetti
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Brittany A. Bonetti, based in Cherry Hill, is a member of the firm’s Healthcare, Cannabis, and Tax Law Practice Groups.
Brittany assists hospitals and health systems, medical staffs, individual physicians and physician groups in business and regulatory legal matters of all types, including HIPAA and HITECH compliance. Her background includes preparation and negotiation of a variety of health related agreements including business associate, physician/mid-level employment and shareholders agreements; advice regarding Stark, Fraud and Abuse, Anti-Kickback and state regulatory concerns related to specific arrangements; and preparation of Medical Staff Bylaws . In the cyber law sector, Brittany provides counsel on privacy and security concerns.
Brittany served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eugene J. McCaffrey, Jr., P.J.Cv., in the Superior Court of New Jersey in Woodbury, N.J. During law school, Brittany held legal internships with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the Medical Society of New Jersey, and Cooper University Hospital.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Cannabis Committee, Member
- The Union League of Philadelphia, Member
- The Junior League of Philadelphia, Member
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Young Friends of the Pennsylvania Ballet
- Alliance of Therapy Dogs, Handler
- American Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Named to the2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers* list as a Rising Star
- Named by SJ Magazine as a 2021 “Top Attorney**” in Healthcare Law
Brittany graduated from George Washington University, Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in 2010. She received her Master’s degree in Public Health from the Rutgers School of Public Health with a concentration in Health Systems and Policy. She was awarded the ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law when she graduated from the Rutgers School of Law, Camden with a Juris Doctor. She is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- “What ’s in That Practice Agreement? Considerations for Non-Physician Practitioner Credentialing and Privileging,” MedStaff News, American Health Lawyers Association, Vol. 18, Issue 1, April 2019.
- “New Jersey’s Expanding Cannabis Industry,” Law Enforcement Against Drugs Cannabis Summit, March 19, 2019
- “Considerations for Physicians and Healthcare Institutions in the Wake of New Jersey’s Expanding Medicinal Marijuana Program,” New Jersey State Bar Association First Annual Cannabis Symposium, March 13, 2019
- “New Jersey’s Medical Marijuana Program,” New Jersey State Association of Medical Staff Services Meeting, June 15, 2018
- “Banking and Marijuana-Related Businesses,” New Jersey Lawyer, October 2018
- “Sessions Memo Makes Waves for Cannabis Industry,” Cooper Levenson Blog, January 5, 2018
*Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, selects attorneys for their “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” list using “a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research.” Read more.
** Read more about the SJ Magazine 2021 “Top Attorneys” list here