Michael R. Brunet
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Michael R. Brunet is Of Counsel to the firm and an attorney in Cooper Levenson’s Gaming Law Practice Group. He is based in Las Vegas.
Michael focuses his practice on gaming law, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, litigation, SEC/corporate governance, and bankruptcy (Chapter 11 reorganization). Michael’s background includes significant experience in hotel and casino transactional work with regional, national, and international clients in the hotel and casino, real estate development, and corporate industries.
Michael began his career as an associate attorney practicing in complex insolvency and reorganization and corporate law with a leading Las Vegas law firm. He has served as in-house counsel to Station Casinos, Tropicana Entertainment, and Affinity Gaming, and as General Counsel of The Light Group, Palms Casino Resort, and GameCo The Video Game Casino, and has acted as advisor to the senior secured lenders to Lucky Dragon Hotel & Casino, as well as the executive management of San Manuel Casino in California.
Michael has served as both legal counsel to and executive management of over fifty hotels, casinos, bars, restaurants and nightclubs, in more than ten U.S. and international jurisdictions.
- Advised CEO of San Manuel Casino concerning prospective $40 million investment opportunity in i-gaming platform and $1 billion investment opportunity in land-based hotel-casino.
- Advised Snow Covered Capital, senior secured lender to Lucky Dragon Hotel & Casino, through Lucky Dragon’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and through acquisition of the property and re-sale for $36 million.
- As VP General Counsel of Palms Casino Resort, represented the company in numerous commercial transactions, including $312 million sale of the resort to Red Rock Resorts (Station Casinos).
- As AVP, Deputy General Counsel for Affinity Gaming, represented the company in commercial transactions for hotel casinos in Nevada, Iowa, Colorado and Missouri.
- As General Counsel for The Light Group, drafted severance and independent contractor agreements; represented the company in mediation and litigation of discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claims.
- As Corporate Counsel for Tropicana Entertainment, advised the company in commercial transactions for hotel casinos in Nevada, New Jersey, Mississippi, Louisiana, Indiana and Aruba.
- As Associate General Counsel for Station Casinos, represented the company in commercial transactions for operating hotel casinos in Nevada and for development and opening of $850 million Aliante Station Hotel & Casino, $1.1 billion Red Rock Casino Resort Spa, and proposed multi-billion development of Viva Resort Casino Spa
Member – Gaming Law Section Executive Committee – Nevada State Bar
Member – Gaming Advisory Board – UNLV Boyd School of Law
Member – Clark County Bar Association
Member – State Bar of Nevada
Past President and Board Member – Association of Corporate Counsel, Nevada Chapter
Michael earned his B.A. in English from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas with distinction. He holds a Master of Fine Arts from the American Film Institute. Michael earned his Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center.