Eric A. Browndorf
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey, Fort Lauderdale, FL
A Partner and Chairman of the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring practice group, Eric has practiced exclusively in banking, creditor’s rights, bankruptcy and commercial litigation since 1984.
His clients include unsecured creditors committees, banks, trustees, national and international real estate developers. Examples of his success include the representation of the creditors’ committees in the restructuring proceedings involving the Greate Bay Hotel and Casino, Southern Jersey Airlines and the Claridge Hotel and Casino. He also was a member of the United States Trustee’s private panel of trustees.
A prolific author, Eric has written and edited numerous texts for creditors on recovery strategies, including Debt Recovery: Maintaining the Competitive Edge; Bankruptcy: A Source Manual for the Workout Specialist in New Jersey; Creditors Rights: Effective Recovery Strategies After the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1994; and Debt Recovery Under the New Bankruptcy Act: A Recovery Manual for the Workout Specialist in New Jersey.
He has served as an adjunct Professor in Business Law at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey and at Atlantic Community College.
- New Jersey Bankers Association
- New Jersey Mortgage Bankers Association
- New Jersey Consumer Creditors Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Trustees
- Creditor Debtor’s Section of the New Jersey Bar Association and the Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations
- Lectured throughout the United States on creditor’s rights to attorneys, bankers, accountants, trustees and national consumer and commercial lending institutions
Education/Admission to Bar
A magna cum laude graduate of American University (B.S.) and Cornell Law School (J.D., Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society), Eric is admitted to the bar in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Kentucky, the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States Tax Court, and the United States Supreme Court. Eric is also admitted to the Florida Bar.
- U.S. Supreme Court changes rules on IRA’s Website
- Will the Bankruptcy Bill Protect You When The Delinquency Wave Hits? Bankruptcy Bulletin
- Revenge Of The Lightweight
- The New and Revised Bankruptcy Code: Return to the Dark Days of Yesteryear Bankruptcy Bulletin
- Important Warnings with Respect to Property Held as Tenancy by the Entireties Bankruptcy Bulletin
- The Art of Asset Protection Bankruptcy Bulletin