Location: Ft Lauderdale, Miami, & Boca Raton, Florida & New York
Eric Vaughn-Flam is Of Counsel to the firm and, for the past thirty years, has concentrated his practice in the areas of business transactions, general litigation, and Intellectual Property, focusing primarily in copyright and trademark matters.
Copyright includes literary property, music, film, television, sculpture, and computer programs – both transactional and litigation.
His trademark practice includes trademark registration and litigation, including infringement and Lanham Act violations. Related to this, Eric is experienced in all matters in advertising.
Eric is admitted to practice in Florida, New York, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 2nd Circuit, Court of Appeals
- United States Court of International Trade
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- New York State Supreme Court
- Florida State Supreme Court
- Connecticut State Superior Court
- Pennsylvania State Supreme Court
For the past ten years, Eric has represented a software company and is experienced in joint venture and licensing matters in that specialty.
Eric began his career as President of Cook Records and specialized in the music industry for many years, representing many top music artists.
As a result, Eric is experienced generally in the entertainment industry. Eric has acted as litigation counsel in patent matters as well.
In addition to his copyright and trademark practice, Eric has a significant commercial practice, both transactional and litigation. Finally, Eric has been New York Counsel for International Blimpie Corporation for decades, and thus has extensive experience in franchising.
A partial listing of Eric’s past and present clientele includes:
- Disney Corporation
- Ei Dupont De Nemours
- 20 Century Fox
- Sears Mortgage Corporation
- Inter National Ist Magazine
- Metropolitan Model Management
- Latoya Jackson
- Hootie And The Blowfish
- Wu Tang Clan
- The Danish Royal Family
- The Original Improv Comedy Club
- Jelly Bean Recordings Inc.
- Abercrombie & Kent
- Canon Cigars
- Westminster Choir College
Cases and Matters of Note
- Won the case, Dallal v. The NY Times, concerning groundbreaking copyright issues as applied to the Internet
- Concluded a music infringement action concerning Madonna’s hit song “Holiday,” where for the first time ringtone technology was utilized as a critical element in the prosecution of the claim
- Represented the plaintiff in Hootie and the Blowfish v. Newman, in what is regarded as the largest management dispute on record
- Acted as lead litigation counsel in the much-publicized multi-national securities lawsuit Daiwa Securities v. RCMCAF Ltd.
Eric has been previously involved as both counsel and a principal in the development of numerous startup companies, including:
- Rokon Technologies, a permanent containment system for high level radioactive waste
- Satelcom, a Dominican telecommunications company
- Neutocrete, a franchiser of proprietary construction material
- The Original New York Improv, a national brand comedy club, and numerous entertainment productions
Eric graduated from Fordham University in New York with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He received his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from New York Law School in New York, NY.