James P. Paoli
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
James Paoli is one of Cooper Levenson’s preeminent lawyers in Workers’ Compensation, certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey in this area of law. It’s a distinction held by less than 130 attorneys admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey. He has focused his career exclusively on workers’ compensation since 1994. He maintains a statewide practice and has appeared in every Workers’ Compensation Court in New Jersey.
Based in our Cherry Hill office, Jim spends substantial time in Atlantic City, representing public sector and private industry clients. Jim also has represented various insurance companies, third party administrators and those who are self insured throughout his extensive workers’ compensation practice.
Jim is known for an approach that maximizes results and efficiency to quickly bring matters to resolution. In addition to litigation issues, Jim meets frequently with corporate and casino clients, attending regular file review meetings and advising risk management directors and other key corporate representatives of the current status of files and monetary exposures.
Jim joined Cooper Levenson in 1998 and became a Partner in 2004.
- Member, New Jersey Worker’s Compensation Inn of Court
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Camden County Bar Association
- Member, United States Supreme Court Historical Society
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Workers Compensation Law Attorney in 2010
- Frequent lecturer to hotels and casinos on risk management issues
- Speaker at Workers’ Compensation Inn of Court
An active alumnus of St. Augustine Preparatory School in Richland, New Jersey, Jim served as the School’s Alumni Association President from 1998 to 2002. He is a member of the association’s Board of Governors and was inducted in to the St. Augustine Preparatory School Alumni Hall of Fame in 2005. In September of 2009, he was the Keynote Speaker for the Freshman Convocation.
A graduate of Rutgers College (B.A.) and Widener University School of Law (J.D.), Jim is admitted to the Bar in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the United States District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Workers’ Comp: The Basic Facts Workers’ Comp
- Case Law Update: Danuta Rosinski v General Motors Workers’ Comp
- Case Law Update: Patrick Switzer v Connectron Inc. Workers’ Comp