Joseph D. Deal
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Joseph D. Deal is a partner in the firm’s casino and hospitality industry defense litigation practice group. Joe concentrates much of his practice on the defense of claims of premises liability, liquor liability and negligent security. He also has extensive experience handling professional negligence claims, construction defect and construction site accident claims.
In addition to casino and hospitality industry clients, Joe serves carrier clients and their assureds throughout New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania, appearing in all State Courts, the Federal Courts in Trenton, Camden, and Newark, New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
He has been appointed to sit as a New Jersey Superior Court Arbitration and has also been retained by other counsel to sit as a defense arbitrator.
Joe has been a member of the New Jersey Licensed Beverage Association and has presented seminars at the Association’s annual and monthly meetings. Joe has also provided seminars to insurance carriers on the topics of liquor liability, contractor liability/indemnification, joint and several liability and premises liability.
Joe began his legal career as an Officer in the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps where he served as a Military Defense Counsel and later as a Legal Assistance Officer where he provided legal advice and assistance to military members, their families and retired military personnel in the areas of domestic relations, tax, insurance, landlord-tenant disputes, consumer affairs, estate planning and adoptions. He also served as Legal Advisor to the Military Police, Drug Suppression Team and the Post Juvenile Board.
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- U.S. Army Court of Military Review
- Camden County Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- South Jersey Claims Association
- New Jersey Defense Association
- Widener University School of Law (J.D. 1986)
- Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School (1987)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S. 1983)
- Central High School (1979)
- Pennsylvania (1986)
- New Jersey (1986)
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (1989)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1989)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania (1990)
- Army Court of Criminal Appeals (1987)
- Punitive Damages Defense Digest
- Insurer Bad Gaith and the Calculation of Attorney’s Fees Defense Digest
- New Jersey Supreme Court Reverses Appeals Court Defense Digest
- New Jersey Appeals Court Expands Scope of Liquor Liability NJLBA Reporter
- Sims vs. Fuhrer Case Summary CL Alert
- Rivero et al vs. Timblin et al CL Alert
- Liberty Mutual vs. Tilden and Noel CL Alert
- Justice for All Committee, Diocese of Camden, Camden, NJ
- American Legion Murray-Troutt Post #262, Audubon, NJ
- Past President, Haddon Heights Rotary Club, Haddon Heights, NJ