Lynne L. Kaufman
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
A partner with Cooper Levenson and Co-Chair of the Gaming Law Practice Group, Lynne Levin Kaufman concentrates on complex land-based casino law, iGaming and gaming law, and mergers and acquisitions in the gaming industry.
Atlantic City’s newest casinos select Lynne as counsel to guide them in all gaming matters, from the pre-development and pre-construction stages until opening day.
Large casino companies entering new jurisdictions turn to Lynne to draft proposed statutory language and regulations.
She is a graduate cum laude of the University of Pennsylvania where she received her B.A. in 1982 and a graduate of Villanova School of Law, where she received her J.D. in 1985.
Lynne was admitted to the Bar in Pennsylvania in 1985 and to the United States District Court in New Jersey in 1986.
A highlight of Lynne’s career since joining Cooper Levenson in 1998 has been the successful negotiation of the purchase and sale agreement of a Pennsylvania casino followed by licensing.
Worldwide, Lynne has been retained by casino companies, gaming suppliers, technology vendors, sports wagering companies, restaurants and nightclubs, and lenders.
In 2021, while representing a family which owns professional sports teams, a nationwide pizza chain, and a casino in Detroit, she negotiated a billion-dollar sale for half ownership of an Atlantic City casino.
Hallmarks of her distinguished gaming industry career include input into 2011 statutory reforms to the New Jersey Casino Control Act and statutory amendments she drafted, which were adopted.
Since 1978, Lynne is the only female attorney to ever handle a casino licensing hearing.
She specializes in:
- Public debt offerings
- Private equity
- Bank financings
- Litigation for mobile gaming
- Pari-mutuel betting
- Promotional sweepstakes
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Compliance and Investigation
An involved Atlantic City community member, Lynne serves with numerous civic and charitable organizations and advocates for women’s rights, gender equality, and women’s empowerment.
- Pennsylvania Casino Law Bulletin
- Fundraising Fundamentals Casino Law Bulletin
- Racinos – If it Looks Like A Slot Machine, Is It A Slot Machine? Casino Law In Print
- Private Purchase Power Casino Journal Magazine
- The Role of Private Equity Casino Journal Magazine
- Great Women of Gaming Casino Enterprise Management
- Member, Gaming Law Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Past Chair, Casino Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors of the International Association of Gaming Advisors
- Member, Gaming Transition Committee for Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell
- Seminar moderator, International Association of Gaming Advisors Conference
- Seminar speaker and moderator, Global Gaming Expos 2006 – 2015
- Seminar speaker, American Bar Association Gaming Law Minefield Conference
- Seminar speaker, East Coast Gaming Congress
- Seminar speaker, New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Conference
- Seminar moderator, C5 – US Online Gaming Law Sept. 2014
- Seminar moderator, WrB, World Regulatory Briefing, 2013 and 2014
- Seminar moderator, ICE Totally Gaming Conference, London 2014
- Seminar moderator, 14th Annual Saratoga Institute on Racing & Gaming