Lynne L. Kaufman
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Whether it’s traditional land-based casino law, internet gaming, sports wagering, or anything in between, Lynne Levin Kaufman is at the forefront. Joining Cooper Levenson in 1998, and practicing gaming law full-time since 1988, she brings her extensive experience to her clients while continuing to stay on the cutting edge of all gaming law developments. Lynne represents and counsels her clients in all aspects of the gaming industry, including licensure, financings, mergers and acquisitions, compliance, investigative matters and technology approvals. She represents casino companies, gaming suppliers, technology vendors, sports wagering companies, restaurants/nightclubs and lenders worldwide. Lynne also advises and provides the gaming expertise with respect to public debt offerings, private equity matters, and bank financings. Her clients also depend on her to guide them in areas relating to mobile gaming, pari-mutuel betting, and promotional sweepstakes and contests.
Lynne provided input into the latest statutory reforms to the New Jersey Casino Control Act and drafted statutory amendments, which were adopted. She also provided similar input regarding the recent Pennsylvania gaming expansion. She served as counsel in all gaming matters to Atlantic City’s newest casinos, from the pre-development and pre-construction stages until opening. She has performed the same role for large casino companies entering new jurisdictions where she also was involved in drafting proposed statutory language and regulations. She has been representing clients in Pennsylvania since the legalization of gaming. Lynne recently represented a client in the successful negotiation of the purchase and sale agreement of a large Pennsylvania casino, and guided the Purchaser though the licensing process.
- Member, Gaming Law Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Past Chair, Casino Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors of the International Association of Gaming Advisors
- Member, Gaming Transition Committee for Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell
- Seminar moderator, International Association of Gaming Advisors Conference
- Seminar speaker and moderator, Global Gaming Expos 2006 – 2015
- Seminar speaker, American Bar Association Gaming Law Minefield Conference
- Seminar speaker, East Coast Gaming Congress
- Seminar speaker, New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Conference
- Seminar moderator, C5 – US Online Gaming Law Sept. 2014
- Seminar moderator, WrB, World Regulatory Briefing, 2013 and 2014
- Seminar moderator, ICE Totally Gaming Conference, London 2014
- Seminar moderator, 14th Annual Saratoga Institute on Racing & Gaming
- Speaker on numerous webinars
Lynne is an involved community member who has served on the boards of numerous civic and charitable organizations.
A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude) and Villanova University School of Law (J.D.), Lynne was admitted to the bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the United States District Court, District of New Jersey.
- Pennsylvania Casino Law Bulletin
- Fundraising Fundamentals Casino Law Bulletin
- Racinos – If it Looks Like A Slot Machine, Is It A Slot Machine? Casino Law In Print
- Private Purchase Power Casino Journal Magazine
- The Role of Private Equity Casino Journal Magazine
- Great Women of Gaming Casino Enterprise Management