Randolph C. Lafferty
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Randolph C. Lafferty’s list of accolades is extensive. He is a Certified Civil Trial attorney, a distinction that is achieved by less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in New Jersey. Randy also has been included on the New Jersey Super Lawyers* list, part of Thomson Reuters, each year from 2006 through the present.
Randy was selected as the 2013 New Jersey State Bar Association Professional Lawyer of the Year, Atlantic County, an award that is given each year to lawyers and retired judges who, by virtue of their conduct, competence and demeanor, set a positive example for others in the profession. This honor is awarded by the Atlantic County Bar Association and the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law.
Randy practices primarily in the areas of civil, commercial and general litigation. His practice also includes personal injury work, governmental law, and insurance litigation. Since his admission to the Bar, Randy has litigated matters throughout the State of New Jersey, in both the Superior Court and Federal Courts, as well as in other jurisdictions.
He has been involved in the improvement of the legal system and the advancement of client/litigant rights through his memberships in the Board of Governors of the American Trial Lawyers Association – New Jersey, the Supreme Court District Ethics Committee, and other organizations. His leadership at the state level includes serving for two years as Chair, of the Legislative Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell**
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Atlantic County Bar Association Past President
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Past Member, Board of Trustees
- American Trial Lawyers Association – New Jersey (ATLA-NJ, now NJAJ)
- Past Member, Board of Governors
- American Bar Association
- Arbitrator, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Municipal Courts (past member)
- New Jersey Supreme Court District Ethics Committee (past member)
- Vincent S. Haneman American Inn of Court (Master)
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey
- Board Member, AtlantiCare Health System
Randy earned his B.A. degree, cum laude from Rutgers University, and his J.D. cum laude from Western New England College School of Law.
*Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, selects attorneys using “a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research.” Read more.
**AV Preeminent®: The highest peer rating standard. Martindale-Hubbell conducts a thorough review of attorneys through a secure online peer review survey where a lawyer’s ethical standards and legal ability in a specific area of practice is assessed by their peers. Read more.