Rebecca C. Lafferty
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Rebecca C. Lafferty is an associate of the firm and a member of the following practice groups at Cooper Levenson: Gaming and Casino Law; Land Use, Zoning and Planning; Commercial Litigation; and Governmental Services.
Rebecca is based in the firm’s Atlantic City office and focuses her practice on all aspects of the gaming industry and various land use issues, including commercial development, redevelopment, real estate and litigation. She is also involved in the representation of governmental entities in various capacities. Additionally, Rebecca has experience in commercial litigation where she has been involved in representing automobile manufacturers in franchise litigation.
While at Widener University School of Law, Rebecca worked for the Environmental and Natural Resources Clinic representing special interest groups in environmental matters. She also served internships with the Honorable William E. Nugent, J.S.C. and the Honorable Carol E. Higbee, P.J.C.V., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, as well as with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office in the Environmental Enforcement Section.
Upon completion of her education, Rebecca served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael R. Connor, J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey. Thereafter, she was engaged in the private practice of law for five years focusing primarily in civil litigation before joining Cooper Levenson in 2013.
- Admitted to practice in New Jersey
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States
- Treasurer, Atlantic County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Vincent S. Hanneman American Inn of Court
- Member, Greater Atlantic City Chamber
- Member, SoPro Atlantic City
- Member, New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA)
Volunteer Work And Community Involvement
- Member, District I Ethics Committee
- Solicitor, Atlantic County Mayors’ Association
- County Coordinator, Atlantic County Mock Trial Program
Recognition And Awards
- Named to the New Jersey Super Lawyer* list as a Rising Star (since 2017)
- Recipient of the Hon. Benjamin A. Rimm Award for Outstanding Young Lawyer in Atlantic County (2016)
- United Way: Campaign Coordinator of the Year (2015-2016)
- Top 40 Under 40 in Atlantic County (2014)
- Who’s Who in Atlantic County (2012)
Rebecca attended The College of New Jersey where she graduated in 2004 with a degree in Law and Justice and minors in Biology and Psychology. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Widener University School of Law-Wilmington in 2007 where she graduated with Pro Bono Distinction.
*Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, selects attorneys for their “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” list using “a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research.” Read more