Rebecca C. Lafferty
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Rebecca C. Lafferty is an associate of the firm and a member of the following practice groups at Cooper Levenson: Land Use, Zoning and Planning; Gaming and Casino Law; Commercial Litigation; Governmental Services and Personal Injury.
Rebecca is based in the firm’s Atlantic City office and focuses her practice on all aspects of land use, zoning, and planning for residential and commercial development. Rebecca has represented national and local companies and individuals in obtaining local zoning approvals for residential and commercial projects including for casino, hotel, retail, restaurant, healthcare, utility and telecommunications projects throughout New Jersey. Additionally, Rebecca assists developers in obtaining financial incentives for projects, handles litigation related to land use and zoning matters and has experience representing planning, land use and zoning boards for various municipalities.
In addition, Rebecca works with the gaming and casino law department on obtaining licensure for casino companies, gaming suppliers and vendors; is involved in the representation of governmental entities in various capacities; and has experience in commercial litigation where she has been involved in representing automobile manufacturers in franchise litigation.
Education and Professional Background
Rebecca attended The College of New Jersey where she graduated in 2004 with a degree in Law and Justice and minors in Biology and Psychology. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Widener University School of Law-Wilmington in 2007 where she graduated with Pro Bono Distinction.
While at Widener University School of Law, Rebecca served internships with the Honorable William E. Nugent, J.S.C. and the Honorable Carol E. Higbee, P.J.C.V., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, as well as with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office in the Environmental Enforcement Section.
Upon completion of her education, Rebecca served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael R. Connor, J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey. Thereafter, she was engaged in the private practice of law for five years focusing primarily in civil litigation before joining Cooper Levenson in 2013.
- Admitted to practice in New Jersey
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States
- Professional Associations
Volunteer Work and Community Involvement
- Solicitor, Atlantic County Mayors’ Association
- Atlantic County Mock Trial Competition
- Member, National Ovarian Cancer Coalition- Delaware Valley Chapter
Recognition And Awards
- Named to the New Jersey Super Lawyer list as a Rising Star (since 2017)
- Recipient of the Hon. Benjamin A. Rimm Award for Outstanding Young Lawyer in Atlantic County (2016)
- United Way: Campaign Coordinator of the Year (2015-2016)
- Top 40 Under 40 in Atlantic County (2014)
- Who’s Who in Atlantic County (2012)
*Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, selects attorneys for their “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” list using “a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research.” Read more