Richard H. Walker Jr.
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
As Chairman of the firm’s Utility and Energy practice group, Richard H. Walker guides public and private clients through every aspect of traditional and renewable energy solutions. This includes: strategic planning and development; regulatory and contractual matters; the evaluation of alternative energy solutions, financing options including grants, tax credit options, Renewable Energy Credits; and program implementation.
Rick came to the firm from South Jersey Industries (SJI), a highly successful NYSE energy company. As Vice President and General Counsel, he oversaw all legal, environmental, and strategic governance issues. Rick brings with him significant experience in formulating and negotiating complex energy sales and power agreements.
Representative Energy Projects
- Solar electricity projects for New Jersey State College providing over 1 MW of electricity
- Central Energy Center providing thermal energy to $4.8 billion casino project in Las Vegas
- Greenfield Central Energy Center providing 25,000 tons of cooling; 350,000 dt/hr high temperature water and 8 MW of emergency power to a major Atlantic City Casino
- Combined Heat and Power (Co-generation) projects providing over 20 MW of electricity for manufacturers and casino
- Greenfield landfill gas to electricity project providing over 18 MW of electricity
Rick is a graduate of Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa. (B.A.) and Rutgers School of Law, Rutgers University, Camden, N.J. (J.D.). He was admitted to the Bar in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- So Much Talk of Energy–What Should My Business Be Doing Today? Cooper Levenson
- Rick Walker Presentation: Thinking Outside the Solar Energy Box CL Presentation