Rona Z. Kaplan
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
Rona Kaplan has significant experience in a wide array of litigation matters from broken contract cases to contractual disputes and employment law-related issues. She works with her clients to address the questions and concerns that arise in daily business operations that could lead to litigation. Her client list includes a variety of businesses: hospitals, casinos, physicians, local municipalities, boards of education, and not-for-profit groups.
For these clients and others, she provides counsel and legal services that include:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation
- Shareholder disputes
- Probate disputes
- Contract disputes
- To enforce payment pursuant to a contract
- To invalidate a contract
- To defend against or to enforce a non-compete agreement
- Defense against or prosecute disputes between commercial landlords and tenants
- Defense against claims against title insurers
- Representation of schools, contractors, and homeowners in
- Construction disputes
- Representation of physicians in disputes with health insurance carriers
- Representation of individuals before administrative agencies including but not limited to the NJ Board of Medical Examiners; State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners; and the NJ Board of Nurses
- Prosecute or defend real estate disputes
Rona also works with the firm’s Attorney Discipline & Ethics practice group, defending lawyers who face ethics grievances. She is a member of the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators.
- Member, Board of Directors, Atlantic City Boys and Girls Club
- Mentor, Champion of Youth Program of the Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City
- Mentor of the Year (2008), Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City
- Executive Board Member, Holocaust Research Center of Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
A graduate of Pennsylvania State University (B.A.), Yeshiva University (M.S.), and Temple University (J.D.), Rona is admitted to the bar in New Jersey, United States District Court, District of New Jersey, and the United States Supreme Court.
Previously a member of the Supreme Court of New Jersey District Ethics Committee, Rona is a current member of the Atlantic County Bar Association.