Steven D. Scherzer
Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
A partner with Cooper Levenson, Steven D. Scherzer joined the firm in 1988.
Steven is a member of the Atlantic County, Cape May County and New Jersey State Bar Associations.
Steven limits his practice to Probate Law, Condominium Law, and complex Commercial Litigation.
Steven’s work in Condominium Law includes property, vendor and resident disputes.
He had previously represented one of the largest (725 units) high-end residential complexes of its type on the east coast.
In Commercial Litigation, Steven handles real estate law, partnership and corporate law.
In Probate Law, Steven represents clients in contested probate actions, will contests, trustees and estates.
A graduate of the University of Rochester (B.A.), and Rutgers University School of Law – Camden (J.D., cum laude), he was admitted to the bar in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Harry Cassman Award presented on April 23, 2015 by the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties.
- Adding Life to years Award, presented on Aug. 25, 2016 by Beron Jewish Older Adult Services (JOAS).
Publications – co-author of Commercial Litigation in New Jersey
- President of the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties 2015-2017
- President of Congregation Beth Judah 1999- 2001
- Chairman of the Jewish Community Relations Counsel 1992-1994
- Trustee of the Harry Katz Foundation 2017 to the present
- Member of the District One Ethics Committee 2015 to the present
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Beron JOAS agency 2013 to the present
- Member of the Jewish Federation Foundation 2015 to the present