William P. Rubley
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
William P. Rubley is a Partner, based in the firm’s Cherry Hill office. Will has extensive experience in a variety of areas of commercial litigation and bankruptcy, including banking, contract disputes, complex statutory interpretation, and employment. Will has represented clients in State, Federal, and Administrative Courts across New Jersey and Pennsylvania as well as before FINRA and AAA.
Although experienced in many areas of law, Will now concentrates his practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania on complex civil litigation, including banking, complex statutory interpretation, adversary and disputed matters in bankruptcy court, lender liability (both on the lender and borrower sides), employment, and general commercial litigation.
- Lead Counsel for a regional bank handling all of its foreclosure and confession of judgment matters in Pennsylvania and its foreclosure and book account claims in New Jersey.
- Lead counsel for a pharmaceutical device company in a multi-million dollar claim for professional negligence action against one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies.
- Lead counsel for a property developer in New Jersey defending against breach of contract and civil RICO claims (N.J.S.A. 2C:41-1, et. seq.) filed by a private lender.
- Co-Counsel for a bank defending against a New Jersey Consumer Fraud claim (N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq.) filed by a borrower and prosecuting a counterclaim for mortgage fraud.
- Co-Counsel for a securities trader against his previous employer in an arbitration before FINRA.
- Co-Counsel for a battery manufacturer in a multi-million dollar trademark infringement against a distributor in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
- Successfully defended a securities trader in an administrative action filed by the New Jersey Attorney General alleging violations of state and federal securities laws.
- Successfully represented a large hospital in a claim against a large insurer regarding the interpretation of an amendment to the New Jersey Deemer Statute (N.J.S.A. 17:28-1.4), which resulted in the seminal decision of Cooper Hospital v. Prudential, 78 N.J.Super. 510, (App. Div. 2005).
Will has also been involved in a number of appellate cases, including the seminal decision Cooper Hospital University Medical Center v. Prudential Insurance Co., 378 N.J.Super. 510, (App. Div. 2005). The court ruled in favor of Cooper Hospital, Will’s client, in a complex statutory construction matter involving insurance coverage for an out-of-state driver involved in an accident in New Jersey.
Will is admitted to the Supreme Court of New Jersey, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Lectures and Seminars
Will has lectured on “Collection Law: from Start to Finish in New Jersey” for the National Business Institute.
Will graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Arts and from Rutgers University Law School with a Juris Doctor.