An associate in our Cherry Hill office, Alexandra K. Rigden, Esquire, dedicates her practice to family law matters. Empathy and understanding is part of her job as a family lawyer. She has counseled hundreds of clients on some of the most personal and sensitive matters for nearly a decade. She has tried divorce and custody matters along with many domestic violence cases on behalf of victims and also defendants. Her family law experience includes the following:
- Litigation, mediation and arbitration of family law matters
- Divorce actions, including complex and high conflict matters
- Custody and Parenting Time
- Alimony and child support
- Equitable distribution
- Appellate practice in family law matters
- Grandparent visitation
- Domestic violence
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Negotiation and preparation of property settlement agreements
- Enforcement and modification of agreements, orders, and judgments
Alexandra is an Associate Editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer, the official publication of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Family Law Section.
Alexandra completed a clerkship with The Honorable M. Patricia Richmond, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County. In addition to her duties as a law clerk, Alexandra mediated cases. Alexandra also completed a Domestic Violence Training Clinic and volunteered as a pro bono attorney for New Jersey Legal Services.
She is a member of the Burlington and Camden County Bar Associations and is a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution Alexandra received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish from Rutgers University and her Juris Doctor from the Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law at Barry University, where she was an active member of its Moot Court team and nationally-recognized Trial Team. She is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Member, Young Lawyers Subcommittee, Family Law Executive Committee, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chairperson, Rancocas Valley Regional High School Alumni Association
- Membership Committee, Laurel Creek Country Club
Awards and Honors
- 2021, 2020, 2019 New Jersey Rising Stars
- SJ Magazine 2017 Top Attorney in the area of Domestic Violence
- SNJ Business People 2017 40 Under 40 Award Recipient
The Certification and Verification of Non-Collusion: A Thing of the Past New Jersey Family Lawyer Vol. 38, No. 1 (October, 2017)
Presenter, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Hot Tips in Family Law, November, 2019.
Presenter, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Hot Tips in Family Law, November, 2018.
Presenter, New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Considerations in Equitable Distribution, October, 2018.
Presenter, New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, Divorce Essentials For Accountants, October, 2016.
- “For the last three years (with a brief break in service), my family has had the privilege of working with Lexie. We specifically sought out her services after she moved to Cooper Levenson from the firm where our relationship originated. The reason we sought her out after she changed firms was simple: we felt like a number at the old firm. Lexie is reliable with her communications and ready to offer evenhanded advice. She takes the time to understand our issues as well - an invaluable trait for someone working with the sensitive topics involved in family law. Our family has worked with other lawyers. Lexie, with her personable approach to practicing law, is the only person we want to represent our family.“
- Mary S.
- “There are no words to express how thankful I am to have had Alexandra Rigden represent me through my divorce. This was the scariest and most stressful time of my life and Alexandra was always there to answer a quick question, provide excellent legal advice and help guide me through tricky situations. I never felt as if I was just another client or as though my case was being put on the back burner. As a fellow lawyer, I can attest to the fact that Alexandra is an honest, ethical, highly knowledgeable and professional attorney. She will be honest with you about the strengths and weaknesses of your case, while remaining a strong advocate. I highly recommend Alexandra Rigden.“
- Rachael R.
- "Based on my experience, I would highly recommend Alexandra Rigden as a divorce attorney.Lexie’s knowledge, professionalism, experience and compassion put me at ease during thisstressful time in my life. She kept me abreast of all contact with my (now ex-) husband’sattorney and she responded to my emails and phone calls promptly. Lexie made sure Iunderstood what was happening and what to expect. I’m so grateful to have had Lexie in mycorner!"
- Nancy S.
- "It gives me great pleasure to have had Mrs. Alexandra Rigden represent me in court for custodyof my son. I have been fighting for him for a little over two years. When looking forrepresentation she has met my needs and expectations more then can I say in writing. Mrs.Rigden is not only a super lawyer but a great friend who understands family situations. She tookher time reviewing the information and would ask questions to verify if any information wasneeded to be updated and came to court on several occasions. When you call or email her shewill respond to you the same day or even the next day. Should you need a emergency attorneyand want one who understands family situations she is phenomenal. If I personally need anattorney to represent me again she will the first one I choose. If I had to rate this attorney Iwould rate her a 10 out of 10."
- Susan M.