You're subscribed to our newsletter! Please check your inbox to view a confirmation email.
Brittany A. Bonetti, based in Atlantic City, is a member of the firm’s Healthcare and Cannabis Law Practice Groups.
Brittany assists hospitals and health systems, medical staffs, individual physicians and physician groups in business and regulatory legal matters of all types, including HIPAA and HITECH compliance. Her background includes preparation and negotiation of a variety of health related agreements including business associate, physician/mid-level employment and shareholders agreements; advice regarding Stark, Fraud and Abuse, Anti-Kickback and state regulatory concerns related to specific arrangements; and preparation of Medical Staff Bylaws . In the cyber law sector, Brittany provides counsel on privacy and security concerns.
Before joining Cooper Levenson, Brittany was an associate with Capehart Scatchard, where she focused her practice on healthcare law. Brittany served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eugene J. McCaffrey, Jr., P.J.Cv., in the Superior Court of New Jersey in Woodbury, N.J. During law school, Brittany held legal internships with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the Medical Society of New Jersey, and Cooper University Hospital.
Brittany graduated from George Washington University, Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in 2010. She received her Master’s degree in Public Health from the Rutgers School of Public Health with a concentration in Health Systems and Policy. She was awarded the ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law when she graduated from the Rutgers School of Law, Camden with a Juris Doctor. She is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
· “New Jersey’s Expanding Cannabis Industry,” Law Enforcement Against Drugs Cannabis Summit, March 19, 2019
· “Considerations for Physicians and Healthcare Institutions in the Wake of New Jersey’s Expanding Medicinal Marijuana Program,” New Jersey State Bar Association First Annual Cannabis Symposium, March 13, 2019
· “New Jersey’s Medical Marijuana Program,” New Jersey State Association of Medical Staff Services Meeting, June 15, 2018
· “Banking and Marijuana-Related Businesses,” New Jersey Lawyer, October 2018
· “Sessions Memo Makes Waves for Cannabis Industry,” Cooper Levenson Blog, January 5, 2018