Michael Salad is a partner in the firm and an attorney in Cooper Levenson's Business & Tax and Cyber Risk Management practice groups. He concentrates his practice on business transactions, tax matters, probate administration and estate and business planning, including cyber risk management issues and management plans. Michael holds an LL.M. in Estate Planning and Elder Law.
Michael began his career at Cooper Levenson as a summer clerk in 2009 and 2010. He worked primarily within the tax law arena, concentrating on will drafting and estate and asset protection planning as well as preparing and structuring shareholder agreements, limited liability company operating agreements and partnership agreements. In addition, Michael handles general corporate matters as well as mergers and acquisitions involving corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. Michael regularly travels between Florida and New Jersey and assists clients from the Northeast who are seeking to change their residency. Michael also served as a legal intern to both the United States Attorney's Office Criminal Division for the District of Maryland and Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa.
Michael is a recipient of the 2012 International Association of Gaming Advisors (IAGA) Shannon Bybee Scholarship for his article titled, “Royally Flushed: The Legislative Fight to Legalize Internet Gambling.”
Michael has been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for 2016-present, as an Estate Planning and Probate attorney.
- Member, West Broward Estate Planning Council
- Member, Tower Club of Fort Lauderdale
- Member, Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale
- Member, Board of Directors of Gilda’s Club South Jersey
- Co-founder of SoPro – Atlantic City, a rapidly growing young professional networking organization in the Atlantic City region
- Member, AtlantiCare Planning Giving Advisor Council
- Board Member, Young Leaders Alliance, a young professional organization in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area
- Member, AtlantiCare Young Professionals Committee, Gala and Golf Committees
- Member, Stockton University Gala and Golf Committees
- Member, Atlantic County Bar Association
- Member, Broward County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Member, Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council
- Member, Tara Miller Foundation
- Member, YMCA of Burlington and Camden Counties Golf Committee
- Member, Marine Mammal Stranding Center Golf Committee
- Chair, 2015 AtlantiCare Golf Committee
- A former nationally ranked squash player
- October 17, 2014 - New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Greate Bay Country Club, Somers Point, NJ
- The March 1, 2014 changes to the New Jersey Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act
- July 15, 2015 - New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Greate Bay Country Club, Somers Point, NJ
- Top Three Ways the Kassner Case may change the Residuary Trust Landscape. A discussion of this recent appellate court decision, stemming from an appeal of a tax court decision and what it may mean for taxation of residuary trust income in New Jersey and beyond.
- October 23, 2015 - New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Greate Bay Country Club, Somers Point, NJ
- Essential Estate Planning Documents for You and Your Clients
- Requirements for will; handwritten will; evidence establishing intent
- Powers of Attorney; Durable Powers of Attorney; Disability Defined
- November 2, 2015 - National Business Institute (NBI), Cherry Hill, NJ
- Legal Research: How to Search Like a Pro
- June 17, 2016 - NJCPA Annual Conference and Expo, Borgata, Atlantic City
- Michael L. Salad, Esq., LL.M. and Peter Fu, Esq.
- Trump v. Clinton: Tax Plans proposed by Trump and Clinton: A Comparison
- July 15, 2016 - New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Linwood, NJ
- The Probate Process in New Jersey: What you and your clients need to know about the probate process in New Jersey
- October 18, 2016 – New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Linwood Country Club, Linwood, NJ
- How Business Survives When You Don’t: Business Succession Planning
- July 14, 2017 – New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Linwood Country Club, Linwood, NJ
- Demystifying the New Jersey Exit Tax & an Overview of Realty Transfer Fees
- October 26, 2017 - – New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Linwood Country Club, Linwood, NJ
- Six Estate Planning Essentials for High Net Work Clients
- July 12, 2018 – New Jersey CPA Society Breakfast Briefing, Linwood Country Club, Linwood, NJ
- Flip That House? Buying and Selling Real Estate in Light of New Tax Laws
Michael earned his B.A. in Criminal Justice at The George Washington University, J.D. at Nova Southeastern University and LL.M. at Western New England University. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey, Florida and the District of Columbia.