A Partner and Chair of the Family Law Practice Group, Ronald Lieberman is a family law expert and certified in matrimonial law as set forth by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Ron understands the intricacies of matrimonial and family law, and appears regularly before the Family Court in Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem Counties and also practices before the Superior Court - Appellate Division. He has litigated on virtually all aspects of family law including property settlement agreements, equitable distribution, alimony, child support, custody, college expenses, and counsel fees.
Ron has been admitted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and is certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Family Law Trial Lawyer. In order to receive these designations, an attorney must demonstrate a substantial level of experience in matrimonial law, be favorably reviewed by other attorneys and judges, and pass rigorous examinations in matrimonial law covering a multitude of complex family law issues.
He is involved in many positions of leadership in the Camden County and New Jersey State Bar Associations. Ron serves as the Executive Editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer and serves as a Member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee. He serves regularly as a Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist in Burlington and Camden Counties.
Extensively published in family law, Ron also is a sought-after lecturer. He has presented on family law topics for the New Jersey State Bar Association, Burlington County Bar Association, Camden County Bar Association, New Jersey Association for Justice, Sterling Business Enterprise, and the National Business Institute.
- President, Camden County Bar Association
- First Vice Chair, Family Law Section, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Trustee, New Jersey State Bar Foundation (2015-Present)
- Secretary, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (New Jersey)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee (2011-Present)
- Executive Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer (2012-Present)
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee (2011-Present)
- Associate Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer (2011-2012)
- Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association, Legal Education Committee (2011-Present)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Appellate Practice (2010-Present)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Foundation, Respect Newsletter Editorial Board (2009-Present)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Foundation, Scholarships Committee (2009-Present)
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Domestic Violence Working Group (2007-2013)
- Co-Chair, Camden County Bar Association, Family Law Committee (2011-Present)
- Chair, Camden County Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Committee (2011-2016)
- Vice-Chair, Burlington County Bar Association, Family Law Committee (2012-Present)
- Chair, Burlington County Bar Association, Family Law Committee (2012)
- Master, Thomas S. Forkin Family Law Inns of Court (2010-2013)
- Coordinator (South Jersey), Family Law 101 and Family 102 Seminars for Institute for Continuing Legal Education (2013-Present)
Honors and Awards
- Named in the Best Lawyers(r) 2016 and 2017 Family Law in New Jersey
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubble (2012-Present)
- Alan Klein Memorial New Leaders Award (2015)
- Super Lawyers List, Family Law, 2014-Present
- 2014 Camden County Martin Luther King, Jr., Freedom Medal
- 20 Under 40 Young Business Leaders, South Jersey Biz Magazine, 2013
- SuperLawyers Rising Star, Family Law, 2012, 2013
- 20 Inspirational Men of the Year, South Jersey Magazine, 2012
- Shellie Greenspun Young Leadership Award, Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, 2012
- Men of the Year, 2012
- SJ Magazine, Top Attorneys, Family Law, 2010-Present
- South Jersey Magazine, Awesome Attorneys, 2010-Present
- Langkammer Grossman Award, 1995
Ron received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Degree from the University of Delaware and his Juris Doctor Degree from the New York Law School. He is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, in the United States Tax Court, the United States District Court, Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- “Ron, As a lawyer myself, I appreciated your continuous and timely updating me on the progress of the litigation. You were easily accessible and quick to respond to all my inquiries. I was impressed with your knowledge of the nuances of the case and your Courtroom presentation was outstanding. You can be sure I would recommend you to any of my clients should your services be needed.”
- Alan S.
- “I give Ron Lieberman my highest recommendation for his expertise in Family Law. Ron was invaluable in guiding me through a very difficult and acrimonious divorce. After being married for over 20 years, I was dealing with overwhelming emotions that came along with having to rebuild my life so unexpectedly. Ron was always calm and professional in his approach, especially at times when I was not. When the adversary sank to new lows, Ron kept his focus on obtaining a settlement that would best protect my assets and future earnings within the limits of the law. It was a challenging time, but one that Ron, and Associate Alexandra Rigden, made much easier to navigate. “
- Helen P.