Residential and Commercial Development
As important as it is for developers to have experienced counsel during the process of property acquisition and financing, it is absolutely essential to seek the same caliber of legal guidance in gaining the regulatory approvals to use that property for its intended purpose.
In New Jersey, no firm is better equipped or positioned to deliver those desired results than Cooper Levenson. Our impressive client roster of national, regional, and local developers is far and away the best evidence of our ability to achieve excellent outcomes in a timely, cost-effective manner.
There are specific, commonsense reasons why we are routinely chosen to guide clients through the intricacies of the land use approval process, whether it's an individual property owner looking for a variance, a national homebuilder with a major subdivision, or a major casino planning a multi-million-dollar expansion. They include:
- Our detailed knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations
- Our ability to identify impending changes in land use regulations that could impact development rights, and taking the appropriate steps to protect client interests
- Our thorough understanding of the approval process at every governmental level
- Our ability to combine meticulous preparation with time-saving techniques to gain approvals as quickly and inexpensively as possible
- Our integrated approach to projects which draws on related practice areas to provide a complete range of services on an "as-needed" basis
- Our reservoir of credibility and goodwill with the various boards, agencies, and authorities
- Our deep roots at the community level, fostered by years of public service and altruistic involvement by individual attorneys and the firm as a whole