Business lawyers sometimes advertise expertise in negotiating transactions and contracts.
However, few strategically structure transactions that allow companies and the owners of those companies to maximize value and minimize taxes. At Cooper Levenson, we customize transactions to suit our clients.
We understand that no business can be successful without attracting capital and effectively structuring the use of that capital to finance future growth.
Our law firm has developed strong relationships with numerous banks and financial institutions, which has proved particularly helpful to our business clients.
Contract Drafting, Tax Advice And More
Matters routinely handled by our New Jersey business law department include:
- Transactional and organizational matters such as business formation, mergers, acquisitions, sales and purchases, partnership agreements, operating agreements, business consolidations, real estate transfers and planning for ownership succession. Our lawyers draw on considerable firsthand experience to formulate creative solutions.
- Tax counseling incident to specialized, tax-sensitive business and estate planning matters. Eliminating, minimizing or deferring taxes through highly personalized, innovative strategies is a particular departmental strength. Our central focus is always to find the most effective mechanism to attain or exceed our clients’ goals.
- Middle-market mergers and acquisitions (M&As) with private equity firms, hedge funds and strategic partners. Our attorneys bring a long history of successfully structuring, negotiating, and closing deals within this space. We have guided clients through every phase of transactions, from initial letters of intent through transaction completion and post-transaction issues in a cost-effective manner. Our clients include buyers, sellers and lenders; our experience and knowledge from the perspective of all facets of a transaction enable our attorneys to understand the nuances and opportunities that our clients will encounter.
- Intellectual Property, Copyright and Trademark matters. Copyright work includes literary property, music, film, television, sculpture, and computer programs – both transactional and litigation. Trademark work includes trademark registration and litigation, including infringement and Lanham Act violations.
While countless business law lawyers advertise assistance with creating transactional documents and contracts, not all can strategically structure financing in order to propel an organization to the next level. At Cooper Levenson, we can.
We Have The Breadth Of Knowledge That Clients Require
The attorneys in our business law, tax and estate planning departments have expansive knowledge of the law in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Delaware, Nevada and beyond, including advanced degrees in the field of taxation and estate planning.
We also have extensive practical experience in and sensitivity to traditional and complex family-owned and privately-owned business dynamics that are often a significant part of business succession planning. We assist clients with:
- Developing individualized business exit strategies
- Strategic alliances
- Negotiating structured buyouts
- Creating family partnerships
- Mitigating income, estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax ramifications
- Addressing potential management, liability protection and insurance matters
Practice Area Attorneys
- Browndorf, Eric A. – Partner
- de la Guardia, Oscar – Of Counsel
- Korth, Arthur – Associate
- Land, Steven F – Associate
- Ojserkis, Jill T. – Partner
- Panholzer, Craig – Associate
- Rubley, William P. – Partner
- Salad, Michael L. – Partner
- Salad, Robert E. – President
- Schwartz, Mark G. – Partner
- Southern, Joseph V. – Of Counsel
- Stiles, Jarad K. – Associate
- Vaughn-Flam, Eric – Of Counsel
Keep up with the latest news from Cooper Levenson