Scott Good, a partner in Cooper Levenson, P.A., is a member of the firm’s Real Estate practice group. He represents businesses, investors, developers, lenders, and others in real estate matters of every type. Scott also has significant courtroom and trial experience in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Scott’s areas of focus include real estate transactions, guiding clients through the acquisition, disposition, financing, and development phases, including negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, easements, and restrictions.
Scott also represents property owners and property managers in connection with commercial and residential leasing matters. He negotiates and prepares leases, prosecutes and defends eviction actions and related proceedings, and provides representation in litigation, mediations, bankruptcy proceedings, administrative hearings, and compliance matters.
Representative Matters and Transactions include:
- represented purchaser in connection with the multi-million dollar purchase of cannabis cultivation and manufacturing business in Pennsylvania
- represented a rapidly growing real estate development company in compliance issues and creation of leasing documents for a 115-unit townhouse rental community
- represented owner in the sale of a liquor store in Central New Jersey
- represented owner of auto body repair franchise in sale of real estate and business assets
- represented owner in the sale of an auto parts store
- represented diner owner in connection with the sale of real estate to land developer
- represented church in connection with an application for site plan approval
- prosecuted a lawsuit for equitable mortgage and equitable ownership where plaintiff was the victim of a real estate fraud scheme
- successfully settled a multimillion dollar and multi-arty construction dispute over the construction of a school
- 2020 South Jersey Magazine Top Attorney in the area of Landlord-Tenant Law
- 2019 South Jersey Magazine Top Attorney in the area of Real Estate
- 2016 South Jersey Biz 40 under 40
Scott is a graduate of Villanova University and earned his J.D. from the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University.
In addition to his practice, Scott is a member of the South Jersey Real Estate Investors Association. He is also a member of the Quaker City String Band.
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit