While countless business law lawyers advertise assistance with creating transactional documents and contracts, not all can strategically structure financing in order to propel an organization to the next level. At Cooper Levenson, we can.
We understand that no business can be successful without attracting capital and effectively structuring the use of that capital in order to finance future growth. Our law firm has developed strong relationships with numerous banks and financial institutions, which has proved particularly helpful to our business clients.
Contract Drafting, Tax Advice And More
Matters routinely handled by our New Jersey business law department include:
- Transactional and organizational matters such as business formation, mergers, acquisitions, sales and purchases, partnership agreements, operating agreements, business consolidations, real estate transfers and planning for ownership succession. Our lawyers draw on considerable firsthand experiences in structuring wise, creative solutions.
- Tax counseling for all specialized, tax-sensitive business and estate planning matters. Eliminating, minimizing or deferring taxes through highly personalized, innovative strategies is a particular departmental strength. Our central focus is always to find the most effective means or mechanism to reach our client's desired goal.
- Middle-market mergers and acquisitions (M&As) with private equity firms and hedge funds. Our attorneys bring a long history of successfully structuring, negotiating, and closing deals within this space; they have guided clients through every phase of these transactions, from the initial letter of intent through transaction completion in a cost-effective manner. Our clients include both buyers and sellers; our experience and knowledge from the perspective of all facets of a transaction enables our attorneys to understand the challenges and opportunities that our clients face.
- Intellectual Property, Copyright and Trademark matters. Copyright includes literary property, music, film, television, sculpture, and computer programs – both transactional and litigation. Trademark includes trademark registration and litigation, including infringement and Lanham Act violations.
Practice Area Attorneys
- Browndorf, Eric A. - Partner
- Corma, Edward A. - Associate
- de la Guardia, Oscar - Of Counsel
- Korth, Arthur - Associate
- Ojserkis, Jill T. - Partner
- Rubley, William P. - Partner
- Salad, Michael L. - Partner
- Salad, Robert E. - President
- Schwartz, Mark G. - Partner
- Southern, Joseph V. - Of Counsel
- Stiles, Jarad K. - Partner
- Vaughn-Flam, Eric - Of Counsel