The Employment Law specialists at Cooper Levenson have successfully litigated and provided effective on-going legal and compliance advice regarding the full range of employment law issues encountered by employers, including, by way of example, the following:
- Sexual Harassment Claims
- Hostile Work Environment Claims
- Bias and Discrimination
- Claims based upon Gender, Age, Race, National Origin, Sexual Orientation, Disability and all other protected immutable characteristics
- Claims made under all State and Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws and Regulations
- Claims made under the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act Claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act / Family Leave Act Claims
- Retaliation Claims
- Federal Whistle-Blower claims
- QuiTam/False Claims Act claims
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Non-Compete Claims and Litigation
- Fair Labor Standards Act Claims
- State Wage and Hour Claims
- Prevailing Wage Claims
- Claims brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Claims brought before the New Jersey Division of Civil Rights
- Claims brought before the National Labor Relations Board
- Workers Compensation Retaliation Claims
- Drafting, Reviewing and Revising Employee Handbooks, Policies and Procedures
- Internal Training for Employees and Supervisors
- Internal Investigations of Discrimination/Harassment Claims
These claims have included class action suits and claims in both state and federal courts. We also regularly represent our clients' interests before State and Federal Administrative Agencies.
Chairman Russell L. Lichtenstein has been recognized as one of the premiere trial attorneys in New Jersey and has an impressive collection of favorable jury verdicts in employment matters. Russell is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell in Labor Law, Employment Law, Employment Litigation. He has been named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, a Thomson Reuters business, in the employment litigation field every year since 2005. Russell has also earned the distinction of being recognized by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney and by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Certified Trial Advocate.
The Practice Group takes special pride in its "team approach" to providing employers with direct access to immediate legal resources and answers on issues including discipline and termination, medical leave, discrimination/harassment investigations, state and federal compliance, and the ever-changing panoply of laws, regulations and rules that govern the employer/employee relationship.
In all matters, we strive to develop successful working relationships with administrators and staff, and are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation, fully supported by the substantial resources of the firm and our other practice areas. More than advisors, our attorneys can be relied upon as partners.